Thursday 6 February 2014

News!

Today I have some excellent news. Just last week, I decided to sign up to the site 'Au Pair World', to find a summer job as an au pair in France. I half debated whether I should look for something more challenging- an internship or some work experience in France, that might fare better on the old CV, but decided, the hassle of trying to search for and then apply for these on WiFi that takes about twenty minutes to load a page was not feasible. I also thought for me, an au pair job would be one of the most rewarding things I could do, and the best way to practise french by living day in day out with a french family for six weeks or more, which is the main aim.

Within two days I had contacted a family and had a positive response. Sunday we skyped and I met the parents, and then Tuesday night I met their two girls, who are 3 and 1. The family live in Paris, and have never had an au pair. They told me they wanted their au pair to be a part of the family, and included in all activities. I would spend two weeks in Paris with them, and two weeks in Sables D'Olonne on the west coast during July, and then August would be spent at their second home in Bormes Les Mimosas, just next to Saint-Tropez. Location and family-wise it couldn't have been more ideal for me, and after both skypes, I had such a good feeling that it was the right family for me. They were very friendly and discussed the summer as though I was already a part of it, yet we parted, promising to think about it on both of our parts, and get back to each other.

For me, I was one hundred percent sold. I loved the girls, I loved the family, and I wanted to work with them. But I waited with baited breath, until this morning when I woke up to an email from them to say they think I am the perfect match for their family and would love to welcome me into it this summer. Quelle joie!

this is the arrondissement of Paris I'll be in

Sables D'Olonnes

Bormes les Mimosas- back to Provence


ps. sorry I know my blog titles are weak!


No comments:

Post a Comment